Kato Part #176-4015
* N Scale
* UP Union Pacific Railroad
* #4015 Excursion Locomotive
* EMD SD70M Diesel Locomotive
* Flat radiator
* DC only
* The EMD SD70M was a 4000-horsepower locomotive that ran on EMD’s new steerable truck design, known as the HTCR-II radial truck. This new truck allowed the locomotive to transfer its power to the rails more efficiently, which in turn enabled two SD70M locomotives to pull a train that would have taken 3 SD40-2’s to pull. The DC brother of the SD70MAC, the SD70M was primarily put to work hauling coal trains due to its high pulling capacity.
These models will be equipped with all-wheel electrical pick-up and blackened metal wheels in trucks that replicate the HTCR Phase II trucks.
Powerful five-pole KATO motor with dual brass flywheels
Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted number boards
Kato magnetic knuckle coupler
DCC Friendly mechanism ready for drop-in decoder installation
Drop in DCC compatible with the Digitrax DN163K1C or Train Control Systems K1D4-N
* New in original packaging