Train Control Systems TCS #1293 K1D4 Drop in DCC Decoder
* The K1D4 is a 4-function N-scale drop-in decoder designed for Kato and Athearn locomotives. Examples include the following:
* GE C44-9W
* GE AC4400W
* See the Installation Pages for a full list of compatible engines!
* Note: This version of the K1D4 has copper tabs installed which slip over the motor contacts on the locomotive. If your locomotive uses wires, see the “-NC” version.
* Back EMF Load Compensation: Provides superior slow speed control and high performance under load.
* Quiet Drive: Super-quiet motor control for “buzz” free motor performance.
* DC Mode: Decoder will automatically detect DC power. You can also configure how your lighting effects function on DC.
* RailCom®: This feature allows the decoder to talk to the command station. RailCom supports expansion for new features.
* Variable Momentum: Allows you to make custom acceleration and deceleration curves.
* LED Support: This product does not require external resistors when connecting LED’s.
* Incandescent Bulb Support: This decoder can be used with 12 Volt bulbs.
* Function Remapping: Buttons 0 through 12 may be used to control the lighting functions of this decoder.
* Programmable Lighting Effects: Choose from 20 separate user-programmable lighting effects!
* Dimmable Brightness: Configure multiple different brightness levels for your LED’s or incandescent bulbs.
* Decoder Lock: Feature which prevents accidental/unwanted programming while activated.
* Airwire™ Compatible: Fully compatible with Airwire™ operation.
* User-Loadable Speed Tables: Configure custom speed curves and set speed limits.