Walthers Cornerstone Part #933-2953 HO Scale Brick Freight Office Kit
* The Walthers Cornerstone Brick Freight Office is where businesses and small industries that didn’t have their own sidings arranged for rail service. Many off-line shippers relied on the railroad to move their goods from trains to trucks for delivery to stores and warehouses. The freight office served as the “brains” of the operation, housing an army of clerks who kept track of paperwork and billing. This kit is based on structure that stood on Fowler Street, just south of Milwaukee’s hometown depot. It’s companion Freight House next door handled cargo transfers between boxcars and delivery trucks. Their classic American design is similar to buildings in many other cities making both models ideal for use in any city terminal. On your layout they can also be used as part of a larger industry or in a railroad yard to handle company materials. Authentic Milwaukee Road signs are included in the Freight Office kit, but you can easily add your own signs for other railroads or shippers. The easy-to-build Brick Freight Office has detailed plastic parts molded in appropriate colors and comes with illustrated instructions. The finished structure as shown measures: 8-13/16 x 9 x 6-1/8″ 22.4 x 22.9 15.6cm.
* The Brick Freight Office is one of a wide variety of Cornerstone HO railroad buildings.
* Prototypical brick construction
* Found at railroad and industrial facilities from the 1900s to the present
* Outside staircase
* Realistic Milwaukee Road printed signs
* Molded in appropriate colors