We Specialize in Buying HO Scale Brass Trains
Where to Sell HO Model Trains?
Thank you for considering us as a source to sell your model train collection. We buy HO scale collectible model trains, locomotives and rolling stock, specializing in brass trains.
If you’re interested in selling your HO scale trains, all you need to do is:
- Send us a list of your HO trains for sale with photos.
- We’ll follow up with any questions or to make an offer.
- 👉Get started easily with one of our pre-made inventory templates: choose between: Excel, Word, or PDF format.
- We do not purchase other model train scales (i.e. O-scale, N-scale), and we do not offer professional appraisal services.
- Because we specialize in buying collectible HO scale trains with a focus on brass models, we do not purchase toy trains by manufacturers such as Tyco & Life-Like.
It’s FREE to ship your trains to us using our pre-paid shipping labels. *You are responsible for the cost of safe packaging materials.
hOW TO SELL YOUR MODEL TRAIN COLLECTION
Here’s our easy, 3-step process:
Carefully package your model train collection using sturdy boxes. We take the guesswork & hassle out of shipping by providing you with pre-paid, insured UPS shipping labels.
Once we receive your shipment(s), we will inventory the collection, typically within 5 business days. We’ll reach out to you to confirm payment, via Paypal or business check.
NIGHTWATCH TRAINS BUYS & SELLS HO Scale trains, like:
- Alco Models
- Broadway Limited Imports
- Key Model Imports
- LMB Brass
- Nickel Plate Products
- Overland Models
- Pacific Fast Mail
- Proto 2000
- Sunset Brass
- Westside Model Company
Sell your trains: the pros & cons
SELL TRAINS YOURSELF:
- Your best strategy to receive full market value.
- You choose where, when, and how to sell.
- You set the price you want.
- High selling fees & hidden costs on platforms like eBay (psst…did you know you’ll pay fees on the sales tax eBay collects at the time of the sale?)
- May take a long time, depending on the size of your collection & current market demand
- Hassles like returns and underestimating shipping costs can cut into your profits
Or, SELL to Us:
If it were that easy to sell your train collection yourself, you would have tried it already.
- Get your collection sold fast & be done.
- No guesswork over how to sell your trains.
- Agree on a price, ship & get paid. Simple.
- You don’t set the price.
- You’ll receive a percentage of fair market value – not 100%.
- Shipping is free thanks to our pre-paid labels, but you still have to carefully pack all your items so they arrive to us safely.
WHERE TO SELL YOUR MODEL TRAINS
Looking for full market value? You have options.
You have many options to sell your model train collection. Looking to score full market value? If you’re willing to put in some effort, you can:
- Sell on eBay, perhaps one of the most well-known in the world.
- Try smaller online platforms. If what you have is strictly vintage, a platform like Etsy can be an option, but the traffic is very low – and the likelihood of making a fast sale is slim to none.
- Sell at your local train show. Meet other model railroad enthusiasts & connect with a network of folks to sell your model trains.
Learn what it’s really like to sell your trains online – get insider insight into the pros & cons so you can make an informed decision. Read the full article here.